- Read and annotate the article "Spy Techniques of the Revolutionary War."
- Summarize 3 of the most intriguing techniques using evidence from the article. Publish your summaries on the graphic organizer.
- Solve the following expression: 9 x 4 + 2 - 4 x 7/4 Should we solve in a certain order?
- Order in math is very important in calculations that involve more than one operation. The order of operations is a set of rules that state the order in which operations should be done.
- Add parentheses, brackets, and braces anywhere in the expression. How does that change the answer?
You will create your own spy code to send a secret message to your friends.
Reflection: Solve these two expressions: 3 x 2 + 5 and 3 x (2 + 5). Explain what you notice about your answers.